[Coco] Off Topic: BBS snippet

Chris Osborn fozztexx at fozztexx.com
Mon Jul 16 21:52:45 EDT 2018

> These days, there are very, very few BBS systems that have phone line
> (modem) access these days (that I'm aware of).

There may not be many left, but Level 29 is one of the few that does still have a real POTS phone line and real dialup access. I also rewrote the software from the ground up so it's no longer restricted to ANSI machines and it's compatible with a much larger variety of computers; all the way from hard copy teleprinters, the MC-10 and CoCo, the Model 100, 80 column machines, on up through modern terminals.

The phone number is 916 965 1701, or if you don't have a working phone line* you can use telnet to bbs.fozztexx.com. There's even web access through a terminal emulator in a browser window.

*Many people have had success calling in through VoIP services, and I've even connected via an acoustic coupler through a cell phone.

--
Follow me on twitter: @FozzTexx
Check out my blog: http://insentricity.com