[Coco] Vcc - Drivewire4 How to??

Stephen Fischer SFischer1 at Mindspring.com
Thu Jul 12 19:59:08 EDT 2018

On 7/12/2018 12:57 PM, Mark D. Overholser wrote:

> Windows VISTA through the Current Release of Window 10 have this
> behavior...  Luckily this only seems to occur in the "Program Files"
> Sub-directories and under the Windows Sub-directory..
>

> FWIIW, I have my VCC Versions installed under, C:\APPS\Win32\VCC_xxxx...
>

>> Bill Pierce "Charlie stole the handle, and the train it won't stop
>> going, no way to slow down!" - Ian Anderson - Jethro Tull
>>

> MarkO

Correct about UAC, but it is not ex actually preventing the write to
"Program Files", writes are intercepted and written to the Virtual Store
instead. When attempts are made to read files in "Program Files" the
ones in the Virtual Store take precedent.

Same thing for writes to the registry which are redirected to the
"Virtual Registry".

Programmers often wish to write to "Program Files" to make changes for
all users at the same time.

This is NOT possible as the "Virtual Store" and the "Virtual Registry"
are on a per user basis.

"C:\Users\Nani-Lassen\AppData\Local\VirtualStore"
"C:\Users\Nani\AppData\Local\VirtualStore"

Are examples on my computers with the Peak indicating an administer
account which the normal users do not have.

That is a working link to UAC from what I wrote back in Vista days.

SHF