[Coco] OT - Old Computers available to make real floppies for your Cocos!

Kip Koon - The Computer Doc computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Thu Jul 12 17:11:02 EDT 2018

Hello My Friends!

I have used old computers with floppy drives running older versions of
windows for a long time now to make real floppies for my retro computing
projects that use one or more floppy drives.

I use VCC on a couple of them with a special driver (don't remember the name
at the moment) to directly access the floppy controller so I can make real
floppies for them.

I will be keeping a few of these computers for myself.  All the rest are
available to be grabbed up by you guys.

I am being forced to get rid of these computers due to lack of available
space at my new living location.

In order to move them quickly, all the rest of the computers are AVAILABLE
for FREE if you come pick them up!

I have a bunch of parts for the old single core processor style computers as
well.

Anyone who would like an old computer or two to make floppies for their
Cocos, please email me as soon as possible. I have a short time to do this
so hurry. I especially want you guys who have no way to make real floppies
for your cocos to have the opportunity get one or two.

ALL the computers have to be disposed of at my previous location in SC. I
live in NC now.

I'd rather they all go to my coco friends who need a way to make real
floppies.  Pickup is preferred. If you want one and can't come pick it up,
please let me know so we can work something out.  Remember though, if you
want one shipped, the weight is considered to calculate the shipping cost.
It could get expensive. I just want to remind you of this.

In any event, THEY ALL MUST GO from my SC location. You will be served in
the order I receive your email.  If you have read this far, thank you for
taking time out of your busy schedule to read this email. Take care my
friends.