[Coco] Building Nitros9 6809 vs 6309

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Mon Jul 9 23:28:20 EDT 2018

On Monday 09 July 2018 22:51:01 Robert Gault wrote:

> Ed,
>
> I don't see midi.asm anywhere but the nightly builds have a
> midi_scdwv.dd in NITROS9/MODULES/SCF so the .asm file should be
> somewhere but I don't see it in the source code.
>
> Ed Orbea wrote:
> > Yes, the cococdc reference was a fat-fingered typo.
> > I am using lwtools to assembly the files on OS X 10.13
> > When I re-directed the output to a 'capture file' and then scanned
> > it, there were no errors in either the 6809 or the 6309 makefile
> > output. However when I executed a new PULL from the repo, the error
> > went away. So problem solved.
> >
> > However is the .asm file for midi.dr available?

I doubt it has anything but the descriptor recipe. Because the actual
playing of the midi file is usually handed off to timidity, at least on
linux, Its likely sufficient to use a descriptor that assures the data
sent, is sent over the channel its expected to be sent on, and drivewire
handles the rest on the pc.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)