[Coco] Which is better?

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Mon Jul 9 07:21:54 EDT 2018

I think that most of your questions should be answered here.
http://docs.mamedev.org/

You will need the Coco ROMs which should be in the Coco archive. I happen to use MESS which is a UI
form of MAME and so this may not conform the MAME structure.
With MESS, there is a sub-directory ROMS into which I have sub-directories for each version of Coco
to emulate. So the Coco3h (H6309) directory contains, coco3.rom, disk11.rom, and the alternates
drivewire.rom and rgbdos.rom.
MESS complains when disk11.rom was swapped for rgbdos or drivewire and I don't know what current
versions of MAME do.
There are also directories for cfg (configuration) and ini (initialization). These contain the
default configurations for each Coco version you want to emulate.

MAME command lines are described here
http://docs.mamedev.org/commandline/commandline-all.html
When you ask for help with how to run MAME try:
mame -showusage >help.txt
The help message is too large to fit a screen so you need to direct it to a file.

Robert