[Coco] RS232 to WiFi/Ethernet

phil pt ptaylor2446 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 19:53:36 EST 2018

Hello

I checked the Rs232 Pak manual and the Windows Sock Library files. It
should be possible to forward data to the Rs232 pack from the winsock
connection and also detect if carrier is present.

Use the carrier detect and update the memory address on the rs232 pack
since Winsock and detect new and lost connection.

Setup a buffer area for the incoming and outgoing data on the windows
machine for the winsock.data

Use either the build in timer or the winsock data arrive event to check if
data needs to be sent and received and also checks the current amount of
data is currently in the rs232 pack buffer.

Winsock supports:

1 When a new connection is established.
2 When the current connection is lost.
3 Data arrive event

This should work:

01 The program startups on the windows machine

     Sets:

     Empty the incoming windows receive and winsock buffer
     Sets the carrier detect to false on the Rs232 pack,
     Use timer event so incoming data being sent to the rs232 does not
exceed 9600 baud.

02. Connection is established on the winsock connection
03  The carrier detect memory address is updated to true
04  Timer event is enabled to control the incoming flow of data being sent
to the rs232 pack to 9600 baud.
05  Check and any new data being received or needs to be sent.

Data being sent from the winsock to the rs232 pack will also check to see
if the rs232 pack buffer is full or not.

Again all incoming data is controlled and handled using 9600 buard by using
timer events.

,