[Coco] RS232 to WiFi/Ethernet

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Tue Jan 30 13:23:26 EST 2018

On Jan 30, 2018, at 11:57 AM, Ron Klein <ron at kdomain.org> wrote:

> In lieu of these hardware based solutions being discussed, isn't the use of
> Drivewire (for those that use it) still viable for the purpose of using
> telnet for BBS'ing, etc?

Question... does this work for RS-DOS? All of the stuff Roger and I have been doing has so far been under Ultimaterm and other DISK BASIC terminal programs.

Another thing is that these hardware solutions are hopefully going to give a "real CoCo" the same networking capabilities of the FPGA CoCos, so we can all still talk to each other.

Plugging in a RS232 cable is also likely much easier than getting Drivewire going and setup. It looks like it can be done for about $4 (!!!) and all you’d do is connect about four wires that just slide on over pins... no soldering! :) (Plus use a USB power supply which most of us probably have, and a serial cable. I use my Drivewire cable via the bitbanger port.)