[Coco] CoCo 2 + CoCo SDC problem

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 16:05:02 EST 2018

On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 1:08 PM, Tri-City-Maniac wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i used the CoCo SDC interface for my Dragons so far and it worked very
> well.
>
> I've a CoCo 2 as well, so i tried to run the interface with this one.
>
> What i did:
>
> - changed the Dragon DIP switch to off (all switched are "down" now) and
> removed the jumper from the DRQ pins
> - plugged the interface in and ...
>
>  ... i only got the normal CoCo 2 basic screen.
>
> After that i put the jumper to AUTO and i only got a white screen and
> nothing happens.
>
> Well, i think, that i should get at least the SDC  boot screen ...

Do not put the jumper in the AUTO position.  No jumper can be installed
when using the SDC with a CoCo.

Did you change the DIP switches for the Bank selection as well?  Which bank
do you have selected when running on the Dragon?  Normally, SDC-DOS for the
CoCo is programmed into bank 0 and DOS Plus for Dragon (if provided) is in
bank 2. If you are using bank 0 for the Dragon then SDC-DOS was probably
overwritten.

Does the CoCo 2 boot screen say "Color Basic" or "Extended Color Basic".
You need to have the Extended Basic ROM to use the SDC (or a disk
controller) on a CoCo.

- Darren