[Coco] WiFi modem.

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Sat Jan 20 19:42:40 EST 2018

Well, I guess I would try to design it and debug it to the best of my
ability so that it likely wouldn't need updates in the field. However,
you can get a generic Altera "byte blaster" for under 5 bucks off eBay
and I've been told that there is a way to have just the programmer
portion of the Quartus software without the full-blown installation. I
don't have any experience with a simpler form of field updating although
it should be possible.  Essentially you're just blasting information
into a serial flash chip my means of a JTAG interface and I suppose if
you had direct access to the flash chip the JTAG interface wouldn't be
necessary.

Dave