[Coco] WiFi modem.

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Sat Jan 20 15:58:27 EST 2018

On 1/20/2018 2:51 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> But, it enables cards in the cartridge port/mpi that use full address
> decoding to work at these newly available addresses, this is the
> precursor dependency.
It does, but the carts are not designed to work at those addresses. And,
if you are modding the cart to work at such an address, simply drive
*SLENB low when the cart needs to be accessed.  So, the mod to move the
address can also fix the issue.
> Imagine what we could do with even one pia fully
> decoded, that 7 more addresses that are then usable by anything you drop
> into the mpi. Those unused cs's don't need exported, can't be, not
> enough pins in the cart interface, but thats 7 or 14 (I think the same
> drop-in board in the coco could work for either pia by using that chips
> cs as an input to the board) new addresses usable for each drop-in
> postage stamp.
Again, the additional PIA cart can simply bring SLENB low when they need
to be accessed.  Done.

I'm not disputing your overall idea, but I do not believe fixing it
requires anything so substantial.

Jim