[Coco] WiFi modem.

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sat Jan 20 00:53:02 EST 2018

On Jan 19, 2018, at 11:48 PM, Dave Philipsen <dave at davebiz.com> wrote:

> Ok, nice to know.  I have a handful of those. But I may need a little hand holding when it comes to figuring out the details of how to update/change the firmware.  I’m looking forward to it though.  I assume it’s coded in C.

You will want to grab the Arduino IDE, and then you can install an ESP8266 board support package in it and then it can build firmware for it, just like an Arduino. There was a Windows EXE needed to do the flashing, which just has to be running and the Arduino must invoke it on its own since I didn’t have to do a thing to it. Then all I did was download the GitHub project and unzip it, open it in Arduino IDE, build and upload. It was as easy as dealing with an Arduino UNO!

When you are ready, e-mail me and I’ll send you the steps I used.

The CoCoFPGA will need a way to firmware update it’s module, which could be as simple as unplugging it and plugging it up to a dirt cheap USB to TTL adapter that costs a few bucks.