[Coco] WiFi modem.

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Fri Jan 19 19:42:07 EST 2018

On Friday 19 January 2018 18:10:03 Mark D. Overholser wrote:

> On 19-Jan-18 06:57, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Friday 19 January 2018 08:35:36 Allen Huffman wrote:

> >> If we have a Pak that just had the TTL connector inside, you could
> >> plug up a Bluetooth module, or the WiFi module, or a TTL to USB (so
> >> you wold go from PC USB port to CoCo), or...
> >>
> >> But, it would be better to make something that looks like the 6551
> >> but has a buffer and such.
> >
> > I am not in favor of a 6551 unless its a new clone with  hardware
> > flow control fixed. Something the 6551 from NOS can't do.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett
>
> Western Design Center ( WDC ) still makes the 6551s with all the Fixes
> in them...
>
> <http://www.westerndesigncenter.com/wdc/w65c51s-chip.cfm>

According to that site, there is not a 65c52S, so we'd have to piggyback
the 2nd one.  Thats alright as its what I did for first, a 2nd midi
port, and later, a serial mouse, which I am still using.

How much is this "bugfixed" 65c51S in 28 pin dip? Maybe I could just swap
them out in my 232 packs.  Hmmm, all I seeat Mouser is 65C51N's
 no S's. Diff?

> Making Modern Interface Hardware based on Classic Hardware should be
> fine..
>
> MarkO

Cheers, Gene Heskett
The above content, added by Maurice E. Heskett, is Copyright 2018 by
Maurice E. Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)