[Coco] WiFi modem.

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Fri Jan 19 19:31:16 EST 2018

On 1/19/2018 6:16 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:

> Tandy didn't wire it right. There are instructions on how to fix it that
> were available on the net way back then. I might even have them printed
> out, someplace in the midden heap that passes for a full basement.
I think this is what you are thinking of:

http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/Deluxe_RS232_Pak (at the bottom)

All of these items are addressed in my new HW, and no need to use the
cassette port for CTS.

> If you do it right, with a 6552 so I can still use my mouse too, you will
> sell me at least one of those dual port kits. Put the ports on a db9
> each, and make the 7wire protocol std.
Note that the 6552 is not directly compatible with the 6551.  Some
registers are similar or the same, but others are not.

> One of the more famous faults was that hardware flow control stopped the
> transmission in its tracks, in the middle of sending a byte. The
> hardware hack to the pack fixed that too.
Understood and addressed

Jim