[Coco] WiFi modem.

Mark D. Overholser marko555.os2 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 18:09:11 EST 2018

On 18-Jan-18 21:43, Steve Pedersen wrote:

<< SNIP >>

> There are newer editions of the ESB boards I believe they're called
> the w32 these cards not only do WiFi but Bluetooth and it breaks out
> i2c SPI and a bunch of other things, right now our beloved Coco does
> not have any means to talk to these cards at anything higher than
> 9600 BPS.

The update Board to "Not Replace but Supplement" the ESP8266 is the ESP32..

It has the WiFi, plus dedicated Hardware to handle SHA/RSA/AES/RNG
Encryption, plus Bluetooth 4.2 and Ethernet, ( needing the addition of
the PNY and Transformer/Jack ) and CAN Bus ( needing the addition of the
CAN Transceiver )

<http://espressif.com/sites/default/files/documentation/esp32_datasheet_en.pdf>

I currently have some of these ESP32s and some WAVESHARE LAN8720 Boards
with the Microchip PNY and Transformer/RJ45 Jacks, and I am looking into
a Wired/Wireless Networking Option for the CoCos and other 8-bit Micros..

Hopefully I will have a working Demo by CoCoFEST 2018.

MarkO