[Coco] WiFi modem.

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Fri Jan 19 13:54:08 EST 2018

> On Jan 19, 2018, at 11:10 AM, Dave Philipsen <dave at davebiz.com> wrote:
>
> Perhaps some of the problems with the cheap RS485 converters is that they are set up for "standard" protocols. I routinely use a very inexpensive RS485 driver chip to transmit DMX512 signals and it has worked in 100s of installations.

Yes, it’s a quality control issue. I went through four or five different ones before giving up, even though reviewers have purchased them earlier and they worked. There is a common flaw that can be fixed with some solder, but it’s too tiny for me to even see. Seems to be a known issue. But an $8 USB-485 adapter is a lot cheaper than the Entec at $70 (which is not buffered or protected either!).

		— A