[Coco] Cartridge Connector Replacement

Adam Green adamgrym at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 17 00:51:55 EST 2018

> On Jan 16, 2018, at 6:16 PM, Paulo Garcia <paulo.astuser at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks guys.
>
> I believe it is this one here:
> https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/3m/3464-0001/MCE40K-ND/138693

I did some experimenting with CoCo cartridge slots a few years ago and one thing I discovered was that Radio Shack appears to have used a 40-pin connector that is numbered in one direction while the standard ones that I found on places like Digikey go in the opposite direction (left to right versus right to left). When I wired it up, I had to swap every set of two wires on the ribbon cable. If I didn't swap them, the ribbon cable wire order was: 2, 1, 4, 3, 6, 5, ...  I just thought it was something of which you might want to be aware. Best of luck on your project!

-Adam