[Coco] ML BASIC SPEED TEST

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Mon Jan 15 10:00:21 EST 2018

On Monday 15 January 2018 09:09:58 Robert Gault wrote:

> Carlos Camacho wrote:
> > There is hand written text in ML BASIC manual. It's unclear if the
> > developer or owner of the program made the hand written text.
> >
> > Anyways, there is a hand written text to compare the execution of a
> > program with ML BASIC vs Microsoft BASIC on the CoCo 3.
> >
> > The code appears to be:
> > 10 WIDTH 32 : CLS
> > 20 FOR X = &H400 TO &H5FP
This line is incorrect, it should be &5HFF, probably a typo.
> > 30 FOR Y = 0 to &HFF
> > 40 POKE X,Y
> > 50 NEXT Y,X

With line 20 corrected, I see no other reason it shouldn't run on any
coco. You should see a rapidly changing character block slowly marching
from the upper left to the lower right on a 32 column screen.

> > Can someone confirm that executes on a CoCo 3? (Make sure the code
> > is correct)
> ><snip>
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Carlos
> > Color Computer Store
>
> Carlos,
>
> Yes, the program can run on a Coco3 if you correct one glaring typo.
> :) In line 20, that should probably be &H5FF but certainly not &H5FP.
>
> Bye the way, the program will run on any Coco if you remove the
> WIDTH32 from line 10.
>
> Robert

Cheers, Gene Heskett
The above content, added by Maurice E. Heskett, is Copyright 2018 by
Maurice E. Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)