[Coco] GFL football 2 on Cocoflash

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Sun Jan 14 04:15:37 EST 2018

> rietveld rietveld
> Sat Jan 13 21:05:36 EST 2018
>
> Hi.   I need some help.   GFL football is the only ROMPAK that I can not get to run from the cocoflash. Has anyone been able to flash this ROM and run it?
>
> I just bought a GFL ROM PAK from ebay today. When it comes in I will dump the rom but I suspect it will be the same as the one already in the archive
>
> Again if someone has been able to flash this ROMPAK pls share how u did it.   This is the only one that I have left to complete the 99 in 1 ROMPAK using Jims cocoflash
>
> Thanks‎ Henry
I actually have that cartridge, I noticed the archive has two different dumps so either there are at least two versions of the cartridge or one of the dumps is bad. First I tested my cartridge just to make sure it works, I had to clean the contacts but now it works fine. Then I wrote a program to dump it and I am currently trying to dump it myself. I will compare my dump to the two on the archive and I will try to load my own dump into my CoCo Flash. I’ll let you know how it goes. Remember, this is a 32k CoCo 3 rom, and the ccc files have the two 16k banks reversed, plus the start bank in the menu program has to be the SECOND bank you program which resides at $C000. The first bank you program (the second 16k of the ccc file) gets mapped in at $8000 by software in the second bank after the cartridge starts. My dump will NOT be reversed, FTBALL0.BIN will be the first bank and FTBALL1.BIN will be the second bank. Don’t ask me why the ccc files have the banks reversed, I dd not create those files or that format.