[Coco] CoCo FDD controller with ADOS 1.01

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 13:46:53 EST 2018

On Wed Jan 10, 2018, Oswaldo Aquique wrote:

Hi,
> Got a CoCo floppy disk controller (26-3029) from eBay and it came with
> ADOS 1.01 loaded in ROM.
>
> Pros/Cons? (I'm not familiarized with ADOS and the BASIC version included).
>
> Is there a way to get a copy of the original ROM for this adapter?

It's by all means better than the stock "DOS" (RSDOS) Tandy provided, its
compatibility one of the closest to RSDOS while providing bug fixes and
enhanced usability.

You can find its documentation here -

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/coco/Documents/Manuals/Operating%20Systems/

The original ROM dumps are also in the Archive, you'd have to burn (or have
someone with the capability) to burn an EPROM and install that in the
controller.

To try RSDOS you can also issue a DISABLE command when your CoCo boots into
ADOS, that will wipe the ADOS extensions and leave you with plain vanilla
RSDOS

-- RP