[Coco] [CoCo] CoCoTALK will be doing a Afterdark recording

rietveld rietveld rietveldh at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 6 22:45:50 EST 2018

sudo apt install playonlinux

 Start PlayOnLinux. Click Tools > Manage Wine Versions Select version from the left and click the > button to add it to PlayOnLinux
Start PlayOnLinux Click 'Install a program' and then 'install a non-listed program' in the bottom left corner.
Choose 'Install a program in a new virtual drive'.
Name the drive something like 'skype'
Check 'use another version of Wine' and 'Configure Wine'. And click next.
Select 32-bits windows installation and click next.
The Wine configuration Window appears after a few seconds. At the bottom of the Window, select Windows and click 'ok'.
 Back to the PlayOnLinux window:
click 'Browse' and select the Skype installer you just downloaded. Click next. Follow the Skype installer. Select Skype.exe and click next to create a shortcut. Give the shortcut a name and click next again to finish the installation.
Click the Skype icon in the main PlayOnLinux window and click configure.
In the general tab, add following to the Arguments field.
 Click another field so the arguments field is saved. (replace USERNAME and PASSWORD with your credentials).

/legacylogin /username:USERNAME /password:PASSWORD

 Go to the tab 'Miscellaneous' and add export PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC=60 to "Command to exec before running the program" N

ow you can run Skype from Playonlinux.