[Coco] CoCo 1 composite

Salvador Garcia salvadorgarciav at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 5 22:14:47 EST 2018

 Back in the mid 80s I built a composite out circuit that I found in a magazine. The circuit did not work, but I did manage to get a radio station :-).

I *thought* I saw it in Undercolor, but a thorough search of the issues did not yield any results. Maybe it was in the Rainbow. Regards, Salvador

    On Friday, January 5, 2018, 5:20:48 PM CST, Barry Nelson <barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com> wrote:

 > Carlos Camacho
> Thu Jan 4 00:22:42 EST 2018
>
> With the recent post asking about CoCo 1 composite video, I decided to
> build the circuit shown on Hack-a-Day. I have a CoCo 1 with RF video that
> doesn't work.
>
> I'm pretty certain I built it correctly, alas, I wasn't able to get any
> video.
>
> So either, I built it wrong, the circuit has an issue, a part(s) is bad or
> the CoCo I'm working on has some issue, hence the RF problem. I did try
> swapping out the MC1372.
>
> Has anyone built this circuit?
> https://hackaday.io/project/7613-coco-1-composite-video-output <https://hackaday.io/project/7613-coco-1-composite-video-output>
>
> Carlos

Well, I certainly built it. I posted my screen shots of the output on the page above. If your RF out is not working, maybe there is something else wrong besides the modulator...