[Coco] Asteroids for the MC-10

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 16:48:11 EST 2018

    ALL NEW FOR 2018 !!!

ASTEROIDS for the MC-10 !!!

Actually, it’s another adaptation of a CoCo game that I’ve transferred over
to the much-maligned little machine.  This time I chose “Star Blaster” by
Jim Kearney as the source material.  It’s an early CoCo 1 game (1981) that
is pretty faithful to the arcade classic, but features Shields instead of
Hyperspace like in Asteroids Deluxe.

Since the MC-10 cannot make use of the 256x192 graphics mode targeted by
the original program, I had to convert the code to run with a 128x96 mode
instead.  This makes the screen somewhat crowded when a lot of asteroids
are present, but is still playable.

The game requires a RAM expansion pack to run on real MC-10 hardware. The
.c10 and .wav files can be downloaded here:

Asteroids_MC10.zip <https://goo.gl/BxouGw>

- Darren