[Coco] [CoCo] NitrOS-9 on real CoCo (Was DriveWire 4)

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Fri Jan 5 09:43:12 EST 2018

> On Jan 5, 2018, at 8:39 AM, Bill Gunshannon <bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> I now have a NitrOS9 development on my Linux desktop.  Next
> step, are there instructions about what has to be done to get support
> for the TC^3 into an image.  Also, is there any way for a system to
> boot directly from a hard disk or is a boot floppy necessary in all cases?

Maybe the steps I did to get the KenTon SCSI drivers built and included will help...

https://subethasoftware.com/2017/02/03/building-kentonlr-tech-scsi-drivers-for-nitros-9/

For TC3, you need a boot floppy or ROM like HDB-DOS.

For CoCoSDC, can boot directly. I have a 128mb .DSK file, so I just

DRIVE 0,"OS9":DOS

Actually I have it in the config file so it’s always mounted on power up.

But, stock utilities can’t make it boot.