[Coco] [CoCo] NitrOS-9 on real CoCo (Was DriveWire 4)

David Ladd davidwladd at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 16:55:21 EST 2018

​
On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 3:41 PM, Bill Gunshannon <bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
> wrote:

> ​<cut>

Still leaves the question can NitrOS9 be built on a real
> COCO using the tools available as part of the OS or is it
> required to build it on a PC?

​​After the conversion of NitrOS-9 Project to be built with lwtools and the
defs files were updated with longer more meaningful labels you can no
longer build NitrOS-9 on a real CoCo. :(  As normal ASM is limited to 8
character labels and I believe RMA is also.​

Personally I wish that NitrOS-9 was still able to be built on a real CoCo
3, but I guess the powers didn't think it was important to maintain that
ability.

> I guess my purism is showing, but if I am going to build the
> OS on a PC and run an emulator of the COCO on a PC why
> would I not just use a PC OS on the PC?  :-)
>
> bill
>
> ​<cut>

​
​
| David Ladd a.k.a. PacoOtaktay a.k.a. Drencor                          |
| YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay                      |
| YouTube Gaming Live: https://gaming.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay/live |
| Websites: http://dwladd.com     &     http://www.theterrorzone.com    |
| G+:  https://plus.google.com/113262444659438038657                    |
| G+:  https://plus.google.com/+DavidLaddPacoOtaktay                    |
| Do you have your CoCo 3 yet?                                          |