[Coco] Retro computing fiction

Rob Rosenbrock bester at adamswells.com
Thu Feb 22 14:22:34 EST 2018

Okay, I went back and looked at the book again. The protagonist has to
decipher the references to the 80's, and the 80's are looked at as retro,
so the references do work for any audience. I didn't remember the book
right, so I was thinking they'd be nostalgic references mostly.

I believed that the CoCo was superior to other computers on the market
back then. My friends had Commodores and thought that they were superior.
It had it's benefits, I'll admit, but I was the one that could write
programs and make my CoCo do something. Still, the Commodore was more
known; I'd expect to see one of them before I saw a CoCo. (It was nice
seeing a Radio Shack store on Young Sheldon, though...)

I've usually enjoyed the films that Spielberg has produced/directed --
Look at what he did with Jaws. Somehow I don't think this will need to be
hyped in order to do well. Hopefully it inspires an 80's retro fad. Would
be nice to see a lot of old stuff come back for awhile.