[Coco] VI Editor

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Tue Feb 20 02:01:47 EST 2018

On Tuesday 20 February 2018 01:35:13 Bill Pierce via Coco wrote:

> Barry, yes, TSEdit does block copies. And No, I do not think it
> support's Vi's cmd structure. I'm pretty sure Phil is referring to the
> Coco 3 Patched TSEdit for OS9, originally named "Vi" then renamed to
> "Vim" (as Gene stated), since he is running a Windows machine and
> using VCC.

Windows, + gene? In the same sentence or on common dirt? Doesn't happen
and I thought I was famous to the coco crowd as being allergic to
windows. Guess I don't make enough noise about it.

Not on any real estate I own. If I obtain a windows machine, its because
its hardware is usable for a machine control job. Windows is simply
unusable.

It (used windows hardware) gets the drive formatted to ext4 and a full
blown linux install on it, leaving no trace of windows on it, usually by
the next day.

> The Vi docs linked may not help at all and he would
> actually need the TSEdit manual which is in the archives.

Agreed.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)