[Coco] STATUS Jim's MPI

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Mon Feb 19 22:14:44 EST 2018

On 2/19/2018 2:56 PM, Mark D. Overholser wrote:
> On 19-Feb-18 08:23, go4retro at go4retro.com wrote:
>>     To be honest, all of my projects have been on hold during Jan and
>> part
>>     of Feb due to work commitments. Over the weekend, I finished
>> debugging
>>     the initial CocoLINK RS232 boards to send to some testers,
>> Created an
>>     initial draft of the final CocoMEM Jr board design received parts to
>>     finish up CocoDuino, and tested another RAM expansion option for the
>>     Coco3. I am working my way to to MPI.
>>     Jim
>

> Jim;
>

> Do you have any information on the CoCoDuino?
>
> I am curious about it's capabilities..
>

> MarkO

Nothing online, but here's the gist:

  * A continuation (or successor) to Boise's project of the same name
  * Allows one to interface a Coco 1/2/3/Dragon to the Arduino (or
    anything, really)
  * attaches to a Arduino MEGA unit, using the extra double of pins on
    the end of the board.  Leaves the Arduino UNO shield pins completely
    free for project work
  * Allows 2 8-bit transfer paths (most useful if one dedicates one as
    an input and one as output) with handshaking
  * Interrupt capabilities (NMI or CART IRQ when byte sent or received
    by Arduino.  Arduino INT triggers on Coco sending or receiving a byte
  * Supports MODE 0 SPI (Boise thinks this is unneeded, but comments
    welcome)
  * 512kB FLASH ROM, ala CocoFLASH

If you have other questions, feel free to ask. Design is not done yet,
so features are fluid.  Right now, I need to add IO buffers, protect the
PCB frmo an arduino being powered and the Coco being unpowered.

Jim

www.go4retro.com
store.go4retro.com