[Coco] ***SPAM*** Frank Hogg Labs E-Forth, which is the only thing I’ve found that won’t run on the CoCo3FPGA ?

Brett Gordon beretta42 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 09:15:05 EST 2018

On Feb 19, 2018 9:06 AM, "Dave Philipsen" <dave at davebiz.com> wrote:

Hi Leslie.  I think I downloaded this E-Forth package and tried it on the
CoCo3FPGA.  I *think* the issue is that the program makes non-standard use
of the keyboard PIA data ports.  Normally one port is configured as outputs
while the other is configured as inputs.  I think Gary's implementation
relies on the standard usage and does not account for different values in
the data direction registers.

I have had mixed result flipping ins for outs on real cocos too.  I think
its electrically hinky/dangerous also. So maybe we could flip the code
around and turn any key tables by 90° and try again.

As I recall, the program doesn't hang.  You get an intro page but it
doesn't correctly decode the keyboard.

Dave