[Coco] C VS Basic Coco

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Wed Feb 14 14:02:45 EST 2018

One can write bad code in any language.

Some languages encourage bad code, though.

Since this appears to be a voting thing, I'll vote for C over BASIC, in
any flavor (including newer variants like Classic VB, ASP, and/or
VB.NET).  Having developed huge projects in various languages as a
professional programmer (VB Classic, ASP, and VB.NET, along with PHP,
Java, C++, C#, Python, Perl, JavaScript, REXX, and sh scripting), I
will, though, credit BASIC will instilling a love of development and
setting the direction of my career.

And, yes, GOTO is bad.  It is, though, still useful at times.

Additionally, for those who remember it.... On Error Resume Next is
EVIL.  The instigator of that VB construct should be tarred and feathered.

Finally, to be perfectly on list topic:  I vote ASM over ML.

Jim