[Coco] C VS Basic Coco

James Jones jejones3141 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 13:04:43 EST 2018

BASIC09 has a FOR loop; I'd recommend it in this case for a couple of
reasons:

   - It shows what you want the initial value of a to be--are you sure that
   you can count on the value of variables that aren't explicitly assigned to
   or read?
   - It's shorter--in this case it is better suited to what you want to do
   than the very general LOOP...ENDLOOP. The loop exit condition is implied by
   the bounds given, so you don't have to write it out.

That would give

DIM a: INTEGER

FOR a := 10 TO 19
   PRINT a
NEXT a

Explicitly saying a is an integer is possible in this case. It's worth
doing where possible because integer operations are a lot faster than, and
save memory over, floating point, which BASIC09 makes the default for
compatibility with other BASICs.