[Coco] Infocom

Carlos Camacho idevgames at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 19:32:00 EST 2018

Cross posting this here as I know not everyone is on Facebook...

Recently I was driving and listening to a CoCoCrew Podcast and they were
interviewing Brian Moriarty, a former Infocom programmer, who developed the
6809 version of their interpreter (amoungst other things.) I highly
recommend that Podcast episode as he talked so fondly of the 6809. During
the interview Brian, who is now a professor of game design/development,
mentioned that he might have a binder with the original source code for the
CoCo version of Infocom's interpreter!! An excited John W. Linville asked
if any CoCoNut that lived near Brian could scan the binder, should he be
able to find it. Well, it so happens I live 12 minutes from Brian and so I
reached out to the professor concerning the binder. Brian replied with even
better news... he had all the files in a ZIP file so no scanning of 100s of
pages was needed! I have just uploaded to the CoCo Archive said file.
(Should be approved and displayed soon.) I'm very excited to play a small
part in helping preserve this history. Though kudos to John for asking.
Questions about the code should be directed to John as he has looked over a
few different 'versions.' Also, Ed Snider has worked on an interpreter for
the CoCo so knows a bit about it too. Thanks.

Carlos Camacho
Color Computer Store.