[Coco] Lets bring back the Rs232 pack alive

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Mon Feb 5 19:06:06 EST 2018

> On Feb 5, 2018, at 5:59 PM, phil pt <ptaylor2446 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Lets bring back the Rs232 pack and the t2 port alive using Vcc and
> Drivewire.  This can be used more then just running a bbs system and a lot
> more older orginal coco programs that support it like Ribbs.  A coco bbs is
> not a Coco bbs system unless its running under Os9.

I *loved* StG Net for OS-9 — far, far more advanced than FidoNet. It was basically USENET newsgroups, e-mail (user at system), file transfers (like binaries news groups), etc. But, it only spoke CoCo to CoCo.

FidoNet had that big network of all kinds of systems, and cool offline readers - even for the CoCo.

However, these days I’m having fun in the CoCo 1/2 days, and expect to put some microBBS online on a 64K machine.

We’ll have to start a new BBS LIST with our systems once we get them rolling, and if we get RiBBS working via these WiFi parts, I’ll certainly run that and join the network too!

		— A