[Coco] Drivewire cable question - 4-pin DIN to PC DB9

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Sun Feb 4 17:19:40 EST 2018

On Sun, 4 Feb 2018 15:27:49 -0600
Allen Huffman <alsplace at pobox.com> wrote:

> > On Feb 4, 2018, at 3:03 PM, Richard Hawk <rhawk2 at comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> > I don’t know if this is what you are talking about.
>
> In my case, I am just wondering if a “Drivewire cable” like the one I
> purchased ages ago from Cloud-9 can be used as a null modem cable
> with a PC. Some say there is something special about it done to use
> higher bauds, and I wonder if that impacts just using it as a null
> modem with a PC.

    I _think_ that was a custom mod (connect the other pin to RX to
generate an irq when data comes in?). I'm pretty sure the Cloud-9 cable
does not have it.

    Hopefully Mark can chime in and verify (or correct) my assumption.

    I believe that it should work. There is a driver/descriptor pair to
connect a terminal ti the bit-banger port. (scbbt.asm and t1_scbbt.asm)

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
I like you, but I wouldn't want to see you working with sub-atomic
particles.