[Coco] RS-232 Pak problems

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sun Feb 4 15:43:00 EST 2018

> On Feb 4, 2018, at 2:35 PM, Christopher R. Hawks <chawks at dls.net> wrote:
>
>    Pretty close. I would also try connecting both jumpers together in
> case DTR is not active and RTS is. (Then RTS would drive DCD if DTR
> wasn't.)
>
>    Wish I could pass one of my LED mini-testers to ya. The LEDs would
> show which lines are driven.

I just ordered some stuff to do a breakout box with from Amazon. I’ll be able to test easier in two days.

But, when I ran my bitbanger to RS-232 using a NULL modem cable, that also did not work. It’s really looking like an RS-232 Pak issue to me, unless you can’t use the Drivewire cable to do this. (Since it connects from 4-pin to DB9 on a PC with a crossover, it sure seems like it would work.)

		— A