[Coco] RS-232 Pak problems

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Sun Feb 4 08:35:04 EST 2018

On Sun, 4 Feb 2018 01:02:55 -0600
Allen Huffman <alsplace at pobox.com> wrote:

> > On Feb 4, 2018, at 12:50 AM, Barry Nelson
> > <barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com> wrote:
> >
> > Also, carrier detect needs to be asserted to receive characters.
> > Try shorting carrier detect to data terminal ready. On the 25 pin
> > connector, that would be pin 8 for carrier detect to pin 20 which
> > is data terminal ready.

Thanks Barry!! At least some young mind remembers.

> I gave this a try, on the DB9 end, with no luck.
>
> I am wondering if my Pak is fried.
>
> 		— A

Allen:
    Not knowing anything about the cable. Try the DB25 end to be sure...
Sounds like the transmit portion is working.

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
  Good day to ask deep questions.  Why is it called an afterlife, when
  really it's an afterdeath?  And why do people always talk about "going