[Coco] Coco and modem cables

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Thu Feb 1 19:15:32 EST 2018

On Feb 1, 2018, at 4:56 PM, Ron Klein <ron at kdomain.org> wrote:

> Yes, I see there is no carrier detect option.  Was hoping this would work
> with 'tcpser' and the bit-banger.  No luck yet, but still tinkering.

My cable was purchased from Cloud-9 years ago. There should be no difference between this and any other serial cable, 4-PIN DIN to DB9. It’s just whether or not they bothered to connect all the wires since I don’t know if Drivewire even uses the CD line for anything.

That said, the easiest way to test is use a multimeter on your cable and see if all the pins are connected.