[Coco] 1984 computer company in Black Mirror: Bandersnatch interactive movie

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Fri Dec 28 23:17:07 EST 2018

Netflix released an interactive movie today called Black Mirror: Bandersnatch. It can be played as a normal movie, but on certain platforms it is interactive with multiple endings and scenes you can choose.

It is set in 1984 and deals with a software company that produces games. I believe a TRS-80 is on a desk, and a Commodore, but the main system is a ZX Spectrum I think.

No CoCo, but it’s an interesting period piece for the era of our 8-bit machines. I watched it on Netflix iPad tonight and the way they handle the interactive elements was brilliantly worked into the story. The 19 year old programmer in the story is writing a computer game based on a choose your own adventure book. In the show, there is footage of the book's author, and its played by Jeff Minter, famous for his Commodore work and then later other things like Atari Jaguar Tempest 2000 and suck.

It really made me want to start finishing some games I was working on back in 1984.
--
Allen Huffman - PO Box 7634 - Urbandale IA 50323 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
http://www.subethasoftware.com - https://www.facebook.com/subethasoftware

P.S. Since 4/15/2014, I have earned over $3700 in Amazon gift cards! Sign up using my link and I get credit:
http://swagbucks.com/refer/allenhuffman (Ask me for the tip/howto doc.)