[Coco] Disk Free Space

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Wed Dec 26 17:40:53 EST 2018

Phil,

This is not exactly what you asked, but RGBDOS on emulators and HDBDOS on real Coco disks tells you
how many grans are free. A Granule is 9 sectors.
If you can't examine your disk using a Basic command, you will need to count the number of free
grans in the table on Track 17 Sector 2.

With a "nice" DOS on a fresh disk, you would see bytes 0-$43 =$FF and all other bytes =$00. Disk
Basic probably has all bytes in T17S2=$FF. You only care about bytes 0-$43. They bytes that are $FF
indicate free grans.

Robert