[Coco] 25 foot DW cable

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Sun Dec 23 14:55:20 EST 2018

On Sunday 23 December 2018 13:05:53 Bill Pierce via Coco wrote:

> I think Gene was running one at about 100 feet or more. I did have a
> 50 footer going at one time.

Its USB in the middle of the run, and 10 _meters_ long, absolutely no
problem once I got rid the the phony hubs. Runs at full dw speed. I
think the Just Works(TM) is appropriate. I have another similar length
of rs232 cable plugged into the deluxe rs232 pack that hits a usb2
adapter on this end, and a copy of minicom running against it right now.
Minicom is vt102 so keyboard compatibilty can be a problem as nitros9
doesn't handle the esc character worth a toot. So the uparrow doesn't
work for a command recall.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)