[Coco] 3rdPart Editor

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Dec 18 14:54:25 EST 2018

Bill, as I stated before... make was never a part of the C compiler package. It was included in the Developer's System 1 or 2 years AFTER level 2 was released. It was intended for use with RMA and RLink which also came in that package.
And yes... that make has problems.
As for the C3 sources compiling... as I said it was an UNFINISHED attempt at changing it all into a cross compiler. All was originated from Coco OS9 sources, so I doubt much more wasw done than to get it uploaded. I didn't even know it was there until earlier this year when someone pointed it out to me.

As for making the C package better, the main problem is the original were written in C and if you've ever disassembled a compiled C binary then you know what I mean. If not.... try it sometime. It's not for the faint at heart. Bottom line is we've never had any sources to work from to make it better. It wasn't until the Coco started fading away that some of the 3rd party C utilities started showing up and much later before the sources appeared. By that time people had moved on. The past 5 or 6 years have been a big boom to the Coco and I'm seeing more interest than I've seen since the 80s. Maybe with all the new interest, something will get done about the C compiler... or maybe those complaining will even do something about it LOL