[Coco] 3rdPart Editor

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 16 13:52:56 EST 2018

On 12/16/18 1:19 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 16 December 2018 11:42:50 Bill Gunshannon wrote:
>
>> Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever built the version of the
>>
>> Unix editor "ed" that is in the 3rdparty/packages directory?
>>

>> Additionally, is there any documentation on the "make"
>>
>> command packaged with the C Compiler?  It does not seem to
>>
>> take any syntax used by other versions of make.
>>

>> bill
> That to me is an odd comment Bill, its the first make I ever used, and it
> always did what I asked. But it doesn't have all the bells and whistles
> the current *nix make has.

Odd comment?  Why?  I tried it with the "ed" editor.  Does

a lot of weird stuff including inserting flags for the C Compiler

that are not anywhere in the makefile itself.  Doesn't seem to

recognize the section labels at all.  (Like all: clean:, etc. )

Example:

make all

make: Can't find source file to make "all.r"

It's fun to play with it again (I have my system running with two

decent sized IDE disks!) but I am finding very little that works as

expected.

Got "ed" built, but not using either the scripts or the makefile

provided.  Working on SmallC.  Got it to compile (again, not

using the makefile, I compiled it by hand.) but while it worked

fine on other systems it can't even read hello.c.  And all it

really does is read a source file and write out an assembler file.

But I will plug on.  Maybe I can find some utilities that can make

the job easier.

bill