[Coco] AGD engine converted for the 6809

Pere Serrat psergm at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 06:48:13 EST 2018

Hi Bill,
by now the engine by itself won't be of any use ...
I have been developping a Suite of programs with Kees van Oss so that
the ZX-Spectrum .AGD files
can be used to generate an assembler source file that can later be
compiled ad so we end up with
the binaries for both CoCo and Dragon.
Using the tools I said in the web and a bunch of bat files I can create
correct disks DSK-VDK that can
be used in the emulators or on actual hardware.

We have a big lot of AGD files to work with (some 150-170). We wil be
working on them adding any
intro screen we could find and then we will be releasing them on the web
where I have put the first
converted game: FOGGY's QUEST

If someday we could use a windows program that can work with these AGD
files and allows us to
choose the PMode, then we could try to create PMode 3 versions of the
games we'd like.
Even we could design new games from scratch, this is what I really would
like to see as soon as possible!
Kees told me that someone is working on this Windows program so that it
will give support to our
6847 graphic modes.

When this tool is available for us, then I will upload the source code
for the engine as well the bat files
and the C program that cretes the ASM source ...

By now, you should better wait and enjoy the games that will be
regularly released.
cheers
pere