[Coco] How to read CoCo floppies on PC?

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Thu Dec 13 17:02:48 EST 2018

Walter,

The VCC emulator can be set to read real floppies on a Windows system if you have the following:
1) The host computer must be running Windows 2000,XP or Vista. Note I have only tested this on XP so
far.
2) The host computer must have a supported Floppy disk controller chip, (μPD765a or equiv.). A USB
floppy
drive will NOT do.
3) The FDRAWCMD driver must be loaded. These drivers were written by Simon Owen and can be downloaded
from his website here: http://simonowen.com/fdrawcmd/
Download and run the fdinstall.exe file.

This is described in the "Welcome to Vcc 201.pdf" file and works with the 2.5" drive on my WinXP
system. I don't know if it works with a 5.25" drive but probably ought to do so.

Robert