[Coco] Auto starting the Drive Wire server on a windows machine

rietveld rietveld rietveldh at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 11 22:37:51 EST 2018

Just wanted to share a little trick I use to have my DW server autostart when I turn my PC on

I have windows auto start DriveWire 4 on bootup; since it's always connected to my coco. This way if I am using DW on my coco the coco will auto boot to the DW image since the server will already be running

You can have windows automatically start the DW server by adding a DW4UI ‎shortcut to

PC/APPDATA/ROAMING/MICROSOFT/WINDOWS/STARTMENU/PROGRAMS/STARTUP

To do this create a shortcut or  COPY the DW4UI. EXE

Now hit the (WINDOWS) and (R) key together. This brings up the RUN ‎box
Type in    shell:startup and hit (enter)

This will open the Windows STARTUP folder
Just paste the shortcut or copy of DW4UI.EXE here

Now when you start your computer it will automatically launch the DW4 server

Now all you have to do is turn on your coco with dw dos and your coco will automatically launch or make available what you have in your DW drive

I have a Harddrive image in drive 0 of drivewire so it autostart to that

Hope this helps