[Coco] Back to my COCO's again

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 11 20:09:21 EST 2018

On 12/11/18 5:56 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 December 2018 13:17:52 Bill Gunshannon wrote:
>
>> On 12/11/18 11:34 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> That, combined with a lot of fiddling around and I am up to the next
>>
>> stage.  :-)
>>

>> I have a system built for my SDC that includes the TC3 devices.
>>
>> However, whenever I try to access a SCSI disk I get UNIT ERROR.
>>
>> Other bits of data.  If I have the disk turned off I get NOT READY.
>>
>> That makes sense.
>>
>> No matter which SCSI device I type (s0, s1, s2 etc) I see a flash
>>
>> of the disk activity light before I get the UNIT ERROR message
>>
>> Drive is set for Unit 0.
>>
> Mmm not 100% sure I've encountered that exact behaviour, so do you have
> a /dd? And is its LSN0 properly prepared? Both for the size of the
> drive, the offset where the os9 partition ends and the basic vdisks
> begin? And where on the drive the os9 file you want to use to finish the
> boot, actually starts, and its length. See the rbf.defs for which bytes
> in LSN0 are what, its all in there.

I think there is confusion.  I have a bootable SDC image that includes

SCSI devices.  I need this to prep the SCSI disk I plan to install NitrOS9

on.  It will be one large partition with only NitrOS9 on it.  I have no

need for basic vdisks.  But I have not even gotten that far.  I am

trying to do a "format /s0" and get the UNIT ERROR message.  And

any other command that attempts to access the SCSI gets the same.

But, as I said earlier, I do see the light on the SCSI disk blink which

means NitrOS9 is seeing the SCSI Controller and attempting to pass

a command thru to the disk.

bill