[Coco] Drive Wire Light UI

Nathan Byrd techy1 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 10:36:43 EDT 2018

By the way - it is possible to get the full version of DriveWire to run on
the raspberry pi.  I've been planning on making a video or instructions for
this, and I am currently looking to create an alternative to the DriveWire
UI in general, but in the meantime below is a quick version of the
instructions:

The problem is that Stretch does not include the correct version of
libswt-gtk anymore, and it does not have the historical versions in the
repo.  To fix this, we need to do a bit of a hack and add back in the
wheezy apt-get sources temporarily:

>> sudo vi /etc/apt/sources.list

add the following line to the bottom of the file (note you can remove it
after everything is up and running if you want):

deb http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian/ wheezy main contrib non-free
rpi

Run the following commands to install the correct version of libswt-gtk:

>> sudo apt-get install libswt-gtk-3-jni=3.8.0~rc4-1

>> sudo apt-get install libswt-gtk-3-java=3.8.0~rc4-1

>> sudo apt-get install libswt-cairo-gtk-3-jni=3.8.0~rc4-1

Mark the packages as held so they don't get replaced in the future:

>> sudo apt-mark hold libswt-gtk-3-jni

>> sudo apt-mark hold libswt-gtk-3-java

>> sudo apt-mark hold libswt-cairo-gtk-3-jni

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Nathan