[Coco] Fujistu FM-7

Zippster zippster278 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 13:02:25 EDT 2018

Unfortunately, there are some difficulties in cloning the system.

Though consisting mostly of standard ICs and TTL logic, there is a large
custom ASIC involved in the video system, and a somewhat unusual
4-bit Fujitsu MCU with internal mask ROM providing the keyboard interface.

The keyboard interface can probably be replaced with a modern AVR or
similar without too much difficulty, but the video ASIC would need to be
studied to ascertain all of it’s functionality (I haven’t had time to study it yet).

Then there’s a suitable case and keyboard to work out.

Not as straightforward as I had hoped, but maybe something could
be done.

- Ed