[Coco] Use a USB

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Fri Aug 3 14:30:09 EDT 2018

On Aug 3, 2018, at 12:02 PM, Jack Carpenter via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:

> Has anyone ever try to use a USB Stick on a Coco3? It would be nice if it could be done. I was thinking about this idea today that why I am asking.

I have, but not in a nice way. I have a tiny board that accepts a USB device on one aide then spits out serial on the other side. Using this board, and a TTL to RS232 adapter, I can then send special serial commands to read and write files to the stick.

It would take coding up HDB-DOS or an OS-9 driver to use it in a more graceful way.

The USB interface board and TTL adapter was maybe $10 or so.