[Coco] Coco Swiss Army Knife for newbees / anyone..

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Fri Apr 27 10:09:23 EDT 2018

On Friday 27 April 2018 09:44:54 L. Curtis Boyle wrote:

> The only thing I know of is to see if it can handle 57.6k drivewire
> vs. only 38.4 (assuming a Coco 1 hasn’t had a chip upgrade to allow
> 57.6). ;-)
>
> L. Curtis Boyle
> curtisboyle at sasktel.net

There is a diff, but I don't after 31 years, recall the exact details,
but it caused Jake Commander's chromakey (as published) to be very slow
on the coco2's. Easily patched. It was the address of the keyboard
polling routine contained in the first $10 bytes of the basic rom at
$a000. I patched my copy of Jakes code, but I don't know now, if that
patch ever made it into the wild, and my copies of old net messages to
delphi were lost decades ago.. A quick dump of the first 10 bytes of the
basic rom should show the diff between an un-modified 1, and an
un-modified 2. I think it was with the advent of the addition of the dos
command to basic.

> > On Apr 26, 2018, at 11:52 PM, Barry Nelson
> > <barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com> wrote:
> >
> > If there is software code that can tell the difference between a
> > CoCo 1 and a CoCo 2 I would like to see that.
> >
> > --

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)