[Coco] OS9/Nitros9 module repository

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Apr 24 23:25:57 EDT 2018

Tony & Henry, first, there is no "module" for 2 meg use. There were originally patches needed for OS9 to use it, but this is now built into NitrOS9 which will automatically use 2 meg if present.

As for the Disto 4n1 controller, the drivers for the Disto II disk controller (both versions) are included on the distribution disks as "rb1773_scii_ff74.dr" and "rb1773_scii_ff58.dr". The drivers for the parallel port (as well as a couple of others) are built, but not included on the distro disks at "3rdparty/drivers/disto" in the repo. The drivers for the scsi interface are not on the disks but are included in the "rbsuper" series of drivers, but certain parameters have to be set in the sources before building for them to be built. Most of the Disto stuff is there, just well hidden as few were using them until the recent surge on vintage hardware.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com